Lately I was looking into related posts plugins, but I haven't found any for my exact needs. I've decided that the next project then will be a related posts plugin with as many features as possible. So I made one: Related Posts Pro for WordPress.
Why is it better than the other ones?
I needed a plugin with features like taxonomy, category and post type filtering and with a very nice customizable design. As the plugin grew I was coming up with more and more ideas for customizations and ended up with a plugin with more than 300 options on the backend.
From my previous experience whit Ajax Search Pro for WordPress I learned that it is worth listening to my customers from time to time, when they come up with ideas. Some of the ideas can really boost up the sales of a plugin.
With this plugin you can basically:
- Show posts, pages and any custom post type or custom content
- You can mix up the results
- You can filter and sort the results by custom post type, category and taxonomy terms
- You can do a quick search on the results
- You get many many pre-defined templates with different layouts
- You can configure this all without any knwoledge of coding whatsoever
- ..and its hi-res retina ready as well
The basic idea was to give the buyer as much freedom as it's possible. Not all of the blog and webshop owners are programmers. This is what I always try to achieve: make the plugin as user friendly as possible.
Developers are not forgotten
The plugin also features a list of Hooks and options to define custom CSS. There is also a ~50 page long documentation available in case somebody needs help with the basic configuration.
Full features list
- 3 different layouts: Isotopic, Slick and Slide and Transitioning
- 65 pre defined templates for each layout
- Retina ready .svg icons
- No coding whatsoever needed
- Navigation buttons and autoplay
- Compatible with custom post type using plugins: WooCommerce, wp eCommerc, bbPress etc..
- Works perfectly as a related Product, Forum topics slider
- Post type and category (+taxonomy term) filtering on frontend
- Configurabe search filter on frontend
- Sorting by name and relevance on the frontend
- Configurable title fields with a possibility to add custom fields
- Filling and overriding options for each instance
- Custom meta box for each post for possible post-level configuration
- Smart image parser with 6 different sources: featured image, content, excerpt, custom field, default and page screenshot
- Configurable, fast caching
- Compatibility checking and compatibility options
- Supports posts, pages, custom post types and custom content
- Fully configurable Smart algorithm with keywords extraction
- Highly optimalized Fulltext and Regular lookup
- Editable restricted keywords file
- Formatting options
- 100+ theme options: container, elements, buttons, icons and typography
- Minimal, Curvy, Neo, Metro, Pinteresting and Magazin templates
- Developer friendly: various actions and filters available
- Very descriptive documentation
- Friendly support 🙂
Latest posts by Ernest Marcinko (see all)
- Ajax Search Pro for WordPress 4.12 Developer notes - March 1, 2018
- Ajax Search Pro for WordPress 4.11.10 Developer Notes - January 13, 2018
- Saving space automatically – Beginners guide to Digital Ocean - May 6, 2016