Reply To: It will not search with handy

Ernest Marcinko

Hi Tino,

It's happening because the menu creates an exact duplicate clone of the search for the mobile view, as well as other menu elements. Since this “clone” only exists on the DOM tree and not been initialized, it does not work. Even a bigger issue is that the clone has the exact same ID as the original, which is also invalid HTML – and it makes re-initialization almost impossible. This is a very bad practice, I would highly recommend using a menu that does not do the javascript cloning process, but uses CSS media queries instead to show/hide elements.

As a temporary solution, you can try adding the following code to the functions.php file in your active theme directory:

This may or may not work, but it's worth a try. Please note that this is just a temporary workaround, it may not work with future plugin versions.

Unfortunately there is no global solution I could implement to the plugin in the future to prevent this malfunction, as it's caused by an undetectable and unexpect cloning process of the menu script.

Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)