Reply To: Bug: minimal number of typed characters to trigger live search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Bug: minimal number of typed characters to trigger live search Reply To: Bug: minimal number of typed characters to trigger live search

nazar
Participant

It would be great to have this fix included in the release sooner than later because I can see the current behavior as a potential abuse magnet.
Someone or something (bot) bombarding a bigger website with 1-2 letters search queries. Doesn't sound good to me 😉
And yes, I realize that it will eventually hit the results limit, but in some cases it's necessary to have really high limits (a different subject indeed, I'll come back with this in a separate topic).

I started looking for some ways to prevent search abuse (e.g cap speed at X search queries per minute per user) or actually have a 'real' hard limit on the minimal character count that will ignore spaces, commas and so on.
Not meaning to push you with this in any way, but the thing may become a real problem for big and competitive websites. I'll share any valuable info I find on this.