Reply To: Warning message after update + Show More results doubt

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Warning message after update + Show More results doubt Reply To: Warning message after update + Show More results doubt

Federico
Federico
Participant

Thank you for the reassurance.

The images are not a problem: I disabled them along with all animations, since it’s a glossary, so it only shows the titles and it’s fast enough to show 48 items in a flash. And you were right: the “more results” link wouldn’t show because I inverted the limits.
Now the link is visible (I set the results limits to 48, and 9999 on results page), but I have two problems (and something I don’t understand):

1) The link won’t show on startup (auto-populate = more than 1000 items in the DB). It shows only when I use a dropdown menu to filter the posts or when I write something in the search box.
If I filter with a dropdown menu (example: category = “Lemma generico”, more than 1000 items in the DB), the link shows 96 results (48 x 2).
If I write something in the search box (example: “a” = more than 1000 items in DB), the link shows 1862 results (all results with “a”, I think), while I still would expect 96.

2) More importantly: the link doesn’t work. If I click on it, nothing happens, although I set it up as “Show more ajax results”.

The ideal behaviour would be: loading 48 results (an entire page of results, since I’m showing 4 colums with 12 rows each) while showing the option “more results (96)”, and the possibility to click on it multiple times to expand the research (and unlock the pagination with more than 48 items) in order to obtain fast queries even with thousands of items in the DB.