I have followed the suggestions you provided and the function is working for the most part. I am having run into some issues though.
1. I find that in the “Absolute” positioning mode, there is no overlay available. Is it possible to enable that somehow for this search function as works in the 'fixed' mode?
2. There is some sort of border or shadow on the button that can't figure out how to remove (you can see it in the top right corner here along the bottom edge of the button: http://premadharma.org/wisdom-stories/). I have disabled all the border and shadow options I can find in the settings and that removed other borders I saw initially, but this one I can't get to disappear.
3. For some reason I can't figure out, the settings button places itself on a lower level than the rest of the elements in the search bar. I don't know how to get it to sit in level.
4. The loading icon displays itself a little more than halfway outside the search bar on the far right and is barely visible. I'd like this to be vertically centred in the bar and fully visible.
5. The x-button to close the results shows up in the top right corner of the search bar. I'd like this also to be vertically centred in the bar and fully visible. Is there anyway also to colour the black portion of this button?
6: The settings offer options to specific the search box height and width. I have set the width to 30px and the height to 48px but the search box still remains displayed as a square.
I appreciate your time and assistance with this greatly.