Reply To: Displaying categories in vertical result-listing & using URL with parameters

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Displaying categories in vertical result-listing & using URL with parameters Reply To: Displaying categories in vertical result-listing & using URL with parameters

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

Both is possible, but only with custom coding. I will paste some snippets here, which I tested, but please keep in mind that they might not work. Since your request qualifies as customization, please note that I can’t guarantee anything.

1. Try placing this code to the functions.php file in your theme (or child theme) directory. Change the $taxonomy variable to the taxonomy you want to use. It will go through the results, get the terms for the given taxonomy and put the taxonomies before the final results, and returns the execution to the search thread:

2. This might be even more difficult, but based on the two select boxes I see, I would recommend starting with something like this:

This I have not tested. It basically sets a javascript variable if the ‘portfolio_entries’ or the ‘kategori’ query variable is set in the url (when the page loads), like domain.com?kategori=1
Please note that the values must be the IDs of the taxonomy term (numeric) in this case, not words. So domain.com?kategori=xyz will not work, only for example: domain.com?kategori=23

I hope this helps in some way!

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)