Reply To: Latest plugin on WP Engine – missing results, frontend search settings broken

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Latest plugin on WP Engine – missing results, frontend search settings broken Reply To: Latest plugin on WP Engine – missing results, frontend search settings broken

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi,

The problem is that it’s effectively not possible to compare the two plugin versions to one another – as 4.8.1 and 4.10.3 are actually 16 releases apart. They are fundamentally different, as between those 16 releases was a major improvement in search classes, many files were removed or replaced. This affects changes in queries, back-end options regarding taxonomy terms etc.. The plugin tries to count for all cases when updated, and tries to maintain the compatibility, but jumping 16 releases at once is a huge leap.

Anyways, I’ve looked up the logs, and checked for options consistency, luckily everything is fine, no errors there. The reason why the live version did not yield results for the ‘proposals’ term, is that I have accidentally flipped the custom field logic option from ‘OR’ to ‘AND’ when checking it before my previous reply: https://i.imgur.com/elL4e9e.png
I’ve changed that back, now the same results should appear again for that phrase. I believe it also fixes the case where not all results are initially displayed. I’m pretty sure that should work now as well. Sorry about that, I do make mistakes oftem times 🙂

You can still excpect some minor differences here and there, but overall I recommend using the newest release (4.10.3), it’s more efficient, and lots of known issues were fixed since the 4.8.x releases.

Let me know if you find anything else.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)