Reply To: Show quick links in search results box on input focus

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Show quick links in search results box on input focus Reply To: Show quick links in search results box on input focus

Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi Oksana!

Unfortunately that is not possible. This would need a complete front-end customization, including custom HTML and scripts. Using only API functions will not help in this case.

Alternative #1
However there is a built-in auto populate feature, which can display either the latest results or results to a phrase whenever the page loads: Auto populate documentation

Alternative #2
There is an API function that can be used to trigger a live search to a specific phrase. I have quickly made an example custom code, which contains a script that does the following:
– It adds a javascript to the site footer, which
– ..binds an event handler function to the first input focus event of the search bar
– ..in this function a search API call is executed
– ..which then displays the results to this phrase

Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Change the searchID variable to the search instance ID, and the phrase variable to the search phrase you want to have executed upon the input focus.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)