Reply To: Maximum keyword length, and trigger normal search on settings change

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Maximum keyword length, and trigger normal search on settings change Reply To: Maximum keyword length, and trigger normal search on settings change

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. There is indeed a limit of 50 characters. Unfortunately this is a database table column limit, for maximum word length. The quickest solution would be to simply use the Regular engine instead of the Index table. If that is not suitable in your case, then I’m afraid the only possibility is to change the row type of the index table manually.

For that you will have to run a custom SQL query directly on the MySQL server via PHPMyAdmin or other tool. Before doing so, please make sure to have a full site back-up including the database! Running custom queries is dangerous and the tyniest mistake can result in data loss, so please be careful:

After the change re-creating the index should do the trick.

2. You mean LIVE re-freshing the results page whever the user changes an option? Such feature is under development, will be available soon.

..or do you mean doing a redirection (like when hittin the return button) whenever the user changes an option? Thish actually might be possible using the search javascript API. I have quickly made a custom script that is automatically added to the site footer. This javascript attaches to the change event of any option within any search instance, and triggers a ‘searchFor’ API call.

Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

I’m not sure if this will work correctly, but it’s worth a try. I hope this helps.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)