Reply To: Maximum keyword length, and trigger normal search on settings change

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Maximum keyword length, and trigger normal search on settings change Reply To: Maximum keyword length, and trigger normal search on settings change

Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

1. It is because the '?' character in the URL is recognized as a possible word delimiter, and the URL is split there. Remember, that the index table engine is specialized to recognize as many words as possible. It cannot first detect URL specific schemes and treat them as separate words, I'm afraid that is not possible.

I believe that using the regulare engine might honestly be the best idea here. If you want the whole URLs to be indexed, there is almost no difference searching those meta fields, as searching the same exact field in the index table.

2. It will use the keyword that is typed in to the search box. Line 19 is the search phrase parameter, you can change that to any string you want to:

$('#ajaxsearchpro' + idArr[1] + '_' + idArr[2] + ' input.orig').val() // This gets the search input value

I hope this helps!

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)