Reply To: Search box text doesn't show correct

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search box text doesn't show correct Reply To: Search box text doesn't show correct

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

I believe I have seen a similar issue before, and it turned out to be some sort of custom script that automatically changed any input on the site to a certain layout, by adding label fields and removing the placeholder text from the input and moving it to the newly added label HTML. Judgint by the screenshot, I’m almost 99% certain that this is the case here.

It is very frustrating indeed, as I can’t add a permanent fix to the plugin core as the conversion script is hard-coded to the theme, but I managed to come up with a solution to override it.

The solution from a previous reply in another topic, basically:

Step 1 – CSS

Apply this code to your theme custom CSS field (if it supports it) or use the custom CSS field on the search plugin back-end.

.proinput form label {
    display: none !important;
}

Step 2 – Custom code

Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

After the changes, clear the cache, reload the browser by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + R, and it should be resolved.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)