Reply To: What are the best settings to have the lowest overhead.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support What are the best settings to have the lowest overhead. Reply To: What are the best settings to have the lowest overhead.

mattlegrand
Participant

Hi Ernest,

Unfortunately, I don't have THAT perfect tool to track queries we all wish to have. However, if that can help, I use two that you don't seem to.

1) I enable slow query log that is built-in in MySQL. I set it to 1 seconds, so every query that is not lightning fast is recorded with details about disk usage.

2) I use a console app ยซ mytop ยป (the little brother of the top command for MySQL) which shows what query is being run with the server load. Pretty simple, but if you check it for a while you get an idea of what is being queried too much.

I've set the trigger at 3 character. IMO, it gonna really help.

Also, I've figured why the SHOW TABLE sticks out so much, it's because on my server it's slow (over 2 seconds). I run a WordPress MultiSite where Quebec citizens can create free/paid blogs and over the years there's just way way too many tables in that database.

Has it been fixed in the new version or do you plan to do so in the future? I might have to hack it otherwise and I don't really want to ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks a lot,

Cheers!