It looks like there is something altering the HTML output of the links within the results container, causing an invalid HTML output, and that is causing the problem.
– Front-end, invalid HTML: https://i.imgur.com/t2ZZzae.png
– Back-end, correct output: https://i.imgur.com/doqMOZH.png
On the invalid HTML link, there is an attribute ‘data-wpel-link’ which is not coming from the search. After googling around, I have found that this attribute may be related to the ‘WP External links’ plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-external-links/
I’m guessing it is trying to change something on the links on each page, but it fails with placeholder links (links without href attributes). I have tried to log-in via FTP, but it does not seem to work, to see if there is anything I can do about it.
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)