Home › Forums › Product Support Forums › Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support › Continuation of Previous Thread Regarding New Features, Improvements, and Bugs › Reply To: Continuation of Previous Thread Regarding New Features, Improvements, and Bugs
I'm sorry I didn't reply to you earlier this week. This has been a hectic week here and I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow to see family, and won't be back until March 3rd. I will have a computer with me however and should be able to do some limited work (like testing).
I noticed that you released a new version of ASP last night. I'll be installing that when I return next week. I'm hoping that the update contains some of the things we previously discussed. I haven't read the change-log yet.
Attachments Not Displaying When Using the Index Table
Have you tried creating a completely new search instance and enabling only the attachments search?
I haven't done this yet because I didn't want to disrupt the site. But perhaps I can create a new instance to try on a single test page.
Also, are we talking about the live search results here, or the search results page after redirection?
Yes, we're talking about the live ajax results. In fact, I decided to alter our configuration so that we now are only using the ajax results. We are no longer pointing the more results button to a separate results page. The main reasoning here was that we present our posts in a masonry grid format which isn't the best for viewing search results. Additionally there were many integration related problems with displaying search results for things other than posts (like users, attachments, etc.). I realized that by limiting our results to ajax only that it eliminated all these technical problems and provided a far better user experience. Simply put, I love your ajax search, and now that is all we're using for search!
I agree that we're looking at some kind of configuration issue most likely. That would explain why the attachments were working and then suddenly stopped working. The only other explanation is that there is a conflict of some sort, perhaps with WP Offload S3.
While I'm away on my trip I'll do some configuration related testing to see if I can get to the bottom of this. I'll try your suggestion with creating a second search instance. You may not hear back from me until next week, but I will get back to you, not to worry.
Have a great week and talk soon…