Reply To: Showing the search results on the search page (i.e. going without the Ajax)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Showing the search results on the search page (i.e. going without the Ajax) Reply To: Showing the search results on the search page (i.e. going without the Ajax)

Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

Nice job there. Yesterday I was thinking about this whole integration thing. I think I know what should I do – an API for the search. If I managed to create a documented API, then the integration to the default wordpress search would be so easy. To be honest the search code is still too messy. So many things had changed from previous versions and I had to maintain the backwards compatibility – that was a pain in the ass and a lots of unnecessary code. And of course my skills have also improved, so there is some nice code mixed with worse. (mostly on the backend)

Still, an API would open up the plugin features for devs like you, and perhaps my future work would be much much easier in terms of integrating new features.

Thanks for the kind words, and you indeed did a nice job integrating the search this fast. I don't meet developers in this forum too often.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)