Reply To: Overriding default search and default result spage

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Overriding default search and default result spage Reply To: Overriding default search and default result spage

Ernest Marcinko

Unfortunately it's not possible to just override the default search box layout, and I never said that. The reason is, that each theme uses it's own form with an own function (in most cases), so there is no universal way of just replacing it without touching the code.

The only way of replacing the default theme search box is to replace it in the corresponding theme file (usually header.php, depends on theme author). If you want, I can help you with that. If you can also provide temporary FTP details, I can check the theme and try to replace the search in the header with the ajax search pro. (I guess that's what you want?)

I've checked the search configuration regarding the override. I've tried a few options, but it seems like the theme is also overriding the results, as the default search results page looks unusual to me – the theme results page is separated to 3 parts, and I'm guessing it uses 3 different search queries to get those items. The problem with that solution is, that it's impossible to override it.
I can take a look at that file as well if you want to, maybe I can restore the default search engine, which would allow ajax search pro to override the results.

Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)