Sorry for the late response, I had a few tickets ahead of your responses I had to take care of yesterday.
I think I'm probably getting the picture of what you need. Putting an OR relation between the category/term selectors and the post_type selectors is not going to work. You might think the search selects items matching the post type, then matching the category selectors, and then returning the matching elements from both subsets – but it's not as simple like that. There are for example elements without terms, or missing selectors for terms, which make the query 100 times more complicated.
I've made the change in the code from “AND” operator to “OR” operator between the post_type and the terms query, you can try the search now, but I don't think it will give you the expected results.
I removed the category header texts on the Layout Options panel and applied some custom CSS to make it look better, so it now displays as a single list of custom post type and category selectors.
And for the results group ordering. Well that's currently not possible to change. Someone else asked the same thing a week ago or so, and I tried to make it work for him, but I couldn't. That part of the plugin is probably one of the oldest (almost 2 years), and that time I wasn't thinking of a possibility of changing the order of the groups in the results (per custom post type). The current state of that code is not ready for this modification, the only thing I can do is re-write that whole section from scratch. It's of course planned, and the next thing on the features list, as it's a valid request to have that – it just didn't came up until previous week, and I didn't think of that feature earlier, I'm sorry.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)