Reply To: Override default WordPress search results page not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Override default WordPress search results page not working Reply To: Override default WordPress search results page not working

Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

The override issue seems to be related to the theme or maybe to another plugin. If the override option is enabled, the plugin automatically appends the “asp_active=1” parameter to tell the engine it is supposed to override the results.

An easy way to verify if the theme is related to the issue is to simply temporary switch it to the default (twenty fifteen) to see if it's indeed working.
Also, there is one limitation to override: it can only override posts, pages and custom post types yet. So if you have comments, terms, tags, categories or users as results, they will not display. I'm experimenting on a solution to fix this, but It's not ready yet.

The position seems to be all right, I wouldn't change that. The problem there is that the menu has a media query CSS to restrict it's width to 1020pixels minus some margin. If I were you, I would try this CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    #wpdreams_asp_results_2 {
        width: 702px;
        margin: 0 auto;
    }
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 1020px) {
    #wpdreams_asp_results_2 {
        width: 940px;
        margin: 0 auto;
    }
}

With this CSS in my inspector it looked fine to me 🙂

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)