Reply To: Visual Composer and Ajax Search

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko


That shortcode problem fix is already included with the current version (4.7).

I’ve checked your site, and the problem is that ajax-search-pro is installed in the incorrect folder. It’s in “wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro 4.7”, while it should be “wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro”.
That causes missing file references and it’s causing that problem in the Visual Composer back-end editor.

Please de-activate and delete the plugin completely, make sure that the “ajax-search-pro 4.7” folder is deleted, and install it via the plugin manager so it’s put into the correct folder. If you update the plugin next time via SFTP, make sure to not rename the folder – or if it was renamed by a 3rd party plugin, make sure to not use with with ajax search pro.
Renaming or installing plugins in different plugin folders can cause plugin malfunctions.

I’ve also noticed other asses related and javascript related issues on the console, which may cause trouble in the future:

Currently they doesn’t seem to affect the back-end, but you can never know.

Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)