Reply To: Ajax Search Pro not appearing & changing Font Style

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro not appearing & changing Font Style Reply To: Ajax Search Pro not appearing & changing Font Style

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, I was able to find the source of both issues.

1. Invisible search – On the search Theme Options -> Overall box layout panel the search width was set to 1px, therefore it was there, but not visible at all: https://i.imgur.com/hTdthwF.png

I have changed that back to the original 100%. The container element in which the search is placed in the header widget code is set to 80px, now the search respects that.

2. The font problem is more interesting. The menu font width was set to bold, and the font family to “open sans”. By default this font was loaded, but not the “bold” version (at least I could not find it anywhere), only the simple one – so the browser kind of fixed that it’s own way I guess. Ajax search pro uses the same font, but loads it separately with different parameters, both normal and bold widths, so it kind of “changed” it. I’ve added the following code to the theme functions.php file to prevent the plugin font loader:

add_filter('asp_custom_fonts', 'asp_dequeue_all_fonts', 1, 1);

function asp_dequeue_all_fonts($args) {  
    return array();
}

I hope it’s working correctly now 🙂

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)