Categories Filter Not Working Properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Categories Filter Not Working Properly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alisonhanson26
    alisonhanson26
    Participant

Hi,

I would like my search bar to be able to filter results by country with the default option set to “All Countries”. I have set up these categories properly (I have many pages categorized as All Countries and their specific country. However, whenever I set the default as All Countries none of the filters work (even the individual countries). The only thing that does work is if I unselect all filters. How do I make the filters work.

Side note: the individual country filters work when I remove the All Countries filter that includes all of them

-Alison

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Alison,

Thank you for the details, it helps us a lot.

Can you please add a relevant URL, where I can check this directly?
    If I understand correctly, you have a separate category called “All Countries”, where all of the items are assigned. When checking only this category, the items does not show up right?
    That is because, the unchecked items are considered as exclusions. I can recommend two ways of resolving this:
    1. Try changing the checkbox logic here: https://i.imgur.com/e6RivgW.png
    2. ..or remove the “All countries” item, and use the built in feature for that: https://i.imgur.com/9pSxQCH.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alisonhanson26
    alisonhanson26
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

That fixed my issue. Thank you!

-Alison

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.