Filter by Tags not showing all Post tags

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter by Tags not showing all Post tags

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cubik
    cubik
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m facing the following problem with your plugin:
    The filter by Tags on the page where the search plugin appears doesn’t show all tags, in fact it stops at the letter F.
    There are a lot of tags (more than 1000) in this website, is there a limitation with the max number of tags that can show the menu?
    Best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think there is a default limit when fetching post tags in the wordpress get_terms function, it is around 400 if I recall correctly, so that might be the issue here.
    Interestingly it never came up until now, I am more than convinced that this was like that for years for sure. I have quickly made an issue and already merged a solution to increase that to 10 000 in the next release.

If you want, you can add temporary FTP access and I will make the change for you, or suggest the modificaiton. It affects only a single line of code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

cubik
    cubik
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    thank you for your answer.
    I convinced my client to avoid to use the filter due to the huge amount of tags for the moment.
    Best
    Didier

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

All right, thank you for letting me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.