Making Filter from Page Categories and Tags

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Making Filter from Page Categories and Tags

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lifeofriley1143
    lifeofriley1143
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to set up a filter that will return results from page categories and page tags. I was able to set up categories and tags for my pages using Taxopress. We have never used custom fields on our site. Is it possible to set up filter search without custom fields using only assigned page categories and tags? Also so that only the pages that match the category or tag are returned as results. We may want to include PDFs in the filters as well. Lastly, can we set up a combination of categories and tags such as sauce and gluten free to return only items that share both categories and/or tags rather than all sauces and all gluten free items? i tried to figure this out from the documentation, but am kind of stumped. By the way, we help brands advertise their products to B2B buyers in hopes of getting on store shelves. Each brand has their own page. We do not actually sell the products on the site, so no woo or other e-commerce involved. Thank you so much for your help!

All the best,
    Riley

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think this should be possible. I recommend taking a look at taxonomy term filters as well as the filters layout documenation first.
    You may want to turn off this and this option – to not get results, which does not have the selected taxonomies assigned to them. Also, make sure the logic between taxonomy groups is set to and here. In your case I believe is the best option.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.