Multiple terms from different categories in a single filter column

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Multiple terms from different categories in a single filter column

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Monolab
    Monolab
    Participant

Dear Support

What we would like achieve is to pick terms, but from different categories and show them in a single drop-down?

The final search form should look like something like this:

Search box:
    [ text search box ]

Settings box:
    [ single dropdown with multiple term from different categories, like term X1, X2 from category X, Y1, Y2, Y3 from category Y]
    [ normal category A dropdown ]
    [ normal category B dropdown ]

Is it possible to do this, even a special hook or custom ASP template file?

Thanks in advance!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details, it helps a lot!

Do you mean displaying terms from different taxonomies (like categories, tags, product categories) mixed within a single drop-down?

I’m afraid that is not possible to do – even by changing the templates or by making a hook to force displaying terms from different taxonomies, as the filtering on the server side would still not work, as the taxonomy would be incorrect for the terms.
    I usually recommend a custom code where I can, but in this case this is not possible without completely changing the core plugin code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.