Not filtering WPML translated products categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Not filtering WPML translated products categories

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

Hello
    I bought one year ago but started to try to setup your plugin now (so I renewed my support registration).
    I have a Woo Commerce running with WPML installed BUT actually only one language active because the translation work is far to be ready.
    I would like to setup the search to do the following :
    – Give results of products and products categories
    – search in titles, contents (description and short description), product tags
    – give results only in the browsing language
    – have statistics of the searches (logs) especially the searches that gave any result…
    – as WPML is terrifyingly slowing down the website, optimize what is needed to have search results the fastest possible.
    – would like that when we click the magnify icon it opens a results page (using your engine) instead of ajax results
    – would like to display a “buy” button in the results of type “products”

My questions are :
    1) My “mandatory to fix” problem : it seems that when I set “enable” to WPML compatibility in the advanced options of my form it doesn’t filter the translated product categories (it only filters the translated products). Is it a bug to fix or a bad configuration ? (ie. try to search for “hevea” the first result is the English category and the second in french (English is currently disabled and can’t be active navigation language)

2) To have the search results as fastest as it could be, I choose “Index table engin”. Is it a good idea ? Do you have some advanced tuning advices for MySQL server or other services on the server (as my website is running on Plesk/Linux VPS dedicated for this site with I guess enough RAM (12GB in total).

3) Is there a configuration to set the magnifying icon click to open a results page ?

4) Is there an “advanced field” to display a “buy” button of woocommerce ? please note that from the advanced options page of the backend the URL of the Advanced fields list points to a 404 page of the documentation…

Thank you very much in advance.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the proper details, it helps me a lot!

1. I think I found the problem and fixed it via FTP. It took me some time to figure it out, there was a mixup with the term IDs. Can you please confirm that the correct language results are returned?

2. Yes, that gives the best possible SQL performance, with the least overhead.

3. Yes, check out this section of the documentation: Magnifier, return button actions

4. Well, a custom code might do the trick. There is a knowledge base article that might help you out with this one: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/woocommerce-add-to-cart-button-for-vertical-and-horizontal-results/

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

Hello Thank you very much.
    It’s exactly what I was searching for.

So if I guess well the patch will be released in the next update (I mean I should not worry about updating the plugin) ?

Finally I have a last question, now I set the behavior of the magnify to open the result page, and this is overlayed by your search engin but as I can see this use the blog template layout. It would be great to overlay that to use the woocommerce shop products display template, or a way to customize this results page layout or to code one ?
    I saw the knowledge article : https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/woocommerce-redirecting-to-woocommerce-results-page/ but it’s not the behavior I would like to have, only the layout.

Regards
    Sylvio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvio,

Yes, I am including this fix in the upcoming release, so you don’t have to worry about it. Thank you for letting me know, that it works.

Make sure to change the results redirection to the ‘WooCommerce results page’: https://i.imgur.com/QHcy6LS.png
    That will redirect the results to the Shop results page as you expect it, and that should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

Hello
    Thanks. But it’s not exactly what I dream to have… I think only the layout of the woocommerce template, but the results, so the contents would be better coming out of your engin instead of the woocommerce search engin. Or anyway a possibility to get a customizable page with the results of your engin.If you have a whishlist…

Warm Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, that is something I wish it was possible, but unfortunately that is fully controlled by the theme. The only possibility is to make direct changes to the search.php file in the theme/child theme directory to edit the layout of that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

luvioweb
    luvioweb
    Participant

I except I miss understood something, sorry for the confusion.
    I didn’t understood that the results were coming out from your engin, and I thought it was coming out from the woocommerce search engin. But now I think I understand better… the results are coming from your search engin, but there is only products in the results and there is no categories as it the case with my setup in the boxed results am I correct ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problem at all, and you are correct.

Basically, the search plugin cannot make direct changes to the results page, but it sort-of passes it’s own results via an API to the WooCommerce/Regular search handlers (whichever page is chosen on the search back-end). Then it is up to the results page handler to do the view/layout process.
    Most of the time WooCommerce results pages does not support displaying other than ‘product’ custom post types. If anything else than a product is detected, it is usually removed by the WooCommerce handler process.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.