Problem with categories filtering

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with categories filtering

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nioq1
    nioq1
    Participant

Hello,

Excellent plugin, thank you.

Although there is a problem with the search result page and is about product categories.

I use the plugin for my woocommerce products. The ajax search is fine (combination of keyword search and selection of category) but when i go to the result page the product categories is not applied but only the keyword.

For example i search for ninja and check to see only the “ninja” objects on category-> hoodies. Unfortunately in the result page all products with ninja keyword appear.

The get request is search/ninja, is there any paramentre that i can set for the custom link on enter /?s={phrase} to add the category also?
    Please check the configuration in case iam missing something. I have already enable override. The site is: https://v2.gpnomikos.gr

An example to check: Keyword search: “riello” and selection of category -> “Ταχυθερμοσίφωνες” it shows all the products that meet the critiria of the keyword and not the category. The ajax dropdown shows the right result but the when going to the result page the products are more than those who belong to the category “Ταχυθερμοσίφωνες”

Kind Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have looked at the configuration and made a few minor changes to redirect to the correct URL, as I see you use a custom permalink structure.

However this did not help, as I believe there might be another plugin or the theme simply overriding the search results, I’m not sure – it can be both actually. If there is any tempering with the results within the theme files, like doing a query_posts(..) call within the search handler file or anything similar, that would explain it.
    Let me know if you know anything about that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.