Slider price range functionality with min and max ranges

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Slider price range functionality with min and max ranges

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by arson2000 arson2000 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arson2000
    arson2000
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to figure out how to implement a price slide in search but my requirements are a little different than I think the plugin normal searches. So I saw examples on your site were the slider is used where multiple products all have different prices. Then those prices are compared, searched and results are shown.
    My scenario is this:
    I have a project dealing with commercial office lease property. I have multiple building or properties and each has a range of square footage cost.
    So one property square footage cost will be in a range of $19.00 to $21.00. Another property will have a square footage cost range from $15.00 to $17.00. Another property will have a square footage range between $16.00 to $20.00.
    I want to then have in the search area the functionality that will let the user set a minimum and maximum of square footage cost and then allow the user the search properties within that range. I do have the advanced custom fields plugin on my site. On my custom post type called “Properties” I have a minimum square footage cost field and a maximum square footage field. I can change that structure if I need too.
    How would I go about doing accomplishing this?
    Thank you for your support in advance.

Best regards,
    Steve G

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

I think you should create two single sliders, one for each field, and I assume both field are numerical. For the minimum square footage, I would probably do a greater or equals, and for the maximum a lower or equals operator, like so:
    – Minimum price: https://i.imgur.com/wLNAdHV.png
    – Maximum price: https://i.imgur.com/njIXLJ6.png

This should be a possible solution.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

arson2000
    arson2000
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Thank you very much for your help with this issue. I think that solution seemed to work. I will keep testing but think that did the trick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.