taxonomies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mpf
    mpf
    Participant

Hello,

The taxonomies filter seems not be working. Even if a filter is selected, it keeps showing the same results. If there is no post on a taxonomy, shouldn’t it show “no results”? Also, if one chooses only a taxonomy filter (no keywords), shouldn’t it redirect to a results page with the posts related to that category (or “no results”, if it is the case)?

Thank you!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

By default there is an option enabled, which basically allows results that does not have terms from the selected taxonomy for filtering. If you turn off this option, then only results that has the terms from the filter will be allowed: https://i.imgur.com/yZbi3Tv.png

The live search will only trigger when no keyword is entered, if the character count option is set to the default 0. You can change it here: https://i.imgur.com/Lm82oed.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mpf
    mpf
    Participant

Right! About the first one, however, it worked with the live search. Why on the results page (“Search for”) there still are results that do not have terms from the select taxonomy? By the way, if a filter is selected and no character is entered, it shows even posts that are not from the post type selected in the admin area.

Thank you again!

mpf
    mpf
    Participant

In addition, is it possible to revert to my previous settings after accidentally resetting it? Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to have the form override option activated, otherwise the default wordpress search results will be displayed: Results page override

Unfortunately if the options were re-set, it’s not possible to get them back, it automatically overrides the database records.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.