Woo Categories are not filtering properly & not display full product list

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Woo Categories are not filtering properly & not display full product list

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bennybellagio01
    bennybellagio01
    Participant

I have purchased multiple licenses of your Ajax Pro Search. For this particular project and website, that is license code: 46e3cec7-3fa7-4e46-9fe5-c2cf7346503c

Product search page. https://gfxcorp.com/product-search/

If you go to the search page, it displays 9918 products. When tick the checkbox “all products” it only displays 2500 hundred. We also would want it to default to the “all products” with the checkbox tick.

The following categories that are not filtering properly:
    Allison
    Bands
    Bearing and Washers
    Bushing Kits
    Bushings
    Chains
    Coolers
    CVT Belts
    Filters
    Hard Parts
    Modulators
    Performance Parts
    Pistons
    Piston Kit
    Performance parts
    Pump Components
    Pump Gears
    Snap Rings
    Solenoid/Harnesses
    Springs
    Steel Packs
    Steel Plates
    TC Chains
    Transmission Chains
    Used Hard Parts

The only categories that are filtering and displaying are the following, but they don’t show the complete list of products for those categories
    Sprags displays 16, but has 61 total products
    Shift displaying 2, but there 45d
    Oil pansdisplaying 2 when there are 19 products
    OKHdisplaying 345, but has 815 total products
    Master Kits displays 233, but there are 298 total products
    Lubricantsdisplaying 1, but there are 18
    Industrial42, but has 324 total products
    Friction Packs167, but has a total of 538
    Electrical Components389, but has a total of 422
    Banner Kits213, but has 281

Almost Correct filtering Categories:
    Friction Platesdisplaying 954, but total is 955

This is their old search engine, but the issue is that it’s offsite and we don’t want to use it anymore and use your Ajax Search so the customers can stay on the site.

http://search.gfxcorp.com/index.html?

However, the search filter is very good, and want to mimic it. The app that they used for their search function is Algolia web app and database that also leverages heroku. https://www.algolia.com/

As you can see, they 2 main group categories: Product Category and Make. If you select “Ford” as the make, it will tick all the “product categories associated with Ford.

1. We would like it if you go to the search page, it should display the “All Products” and the “all products checkbox” should be ticked.

2. All the other product categories should filter and display the correct number of products to match the Woocommerce categories in the backoffice

3. To simulate their old search when filtering:
    2 Main Cat of “Product Category” and “Make”. If you select “Ford” as the make, it will tick all the “product categories associated with Ford. If the user selects any of the Product categories, the “Car Make” associated with those products should also be ticked.

#1 and #2 are more important right now. #3 is just a wish 🙂

I have attached screenshots for you to view and also gave access to WP-Admin

Regards,

Benny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Benny,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps a lot!

I have found some issues with the configuration, and I believe I have corrected everything the best way possible.

First, the “All products” is a product category on your installation, which contains 7216 items. This was used as the default selected item, which I am not a big fan of – because by default everything belonging to this category is going to displayed (7216) – instead of actually displaying every single product (9918). The weird amount of items was caused by the combination of this filter with the others.
    Instead of that, I have added the “select all” feature here. That will display the “All products” checkbox, when clicked, it will check all of the category checkboxes. I believe you could even disable this feature as well, because when no checkboxes are checked, then all of the products are displayed anyways

Another thing to note, that there are two categories excluded completely on the advanced options, “special order” and “special orders” – those have 8 items, so the overall results count is 9910 instead of 9918.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bennybellagio01
    bennybellagio01
    Participant

Ernest,

Thanks for the quick response and the fixes. I have a few more questions…please look at the screenshot for reference.

1. How do I change the title above the checkboxes
    2. Can we do pagination on the search results like you can with Woocomerce products?
    3. Is there a way to display how many products for each category to the right of the checkboxes? Please go to this URL (this is their old search function) http://search.gfxcorp.com/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You can change that here: https://i.imgur.com/Tm6kXkx.png
    2. & 3. Unfortuantely these are not possible. The pagination is actually a great idea, I have added it to the issues tracker, it might be added sooner or later in a future release.
    The number of products by checkboxes is a bit different story, it is intentionally not implemented (yet). Interestingly it is a huge perfrormance caveat to simply count the matching rows, because the query gets super complex. We are working on a complete filters UI rework, and this is on the list of future updates for sure. Many other plugins actually have this feature, but as soon as you have like 5000+ products, the performance of almost all of them fails miserably. We hope to find a way to overcome that issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bennybellagio01
    bennybellagio01
    Participant

Thank You for the fast response again. Even though it’s not available, it’s possible, right? Would we have to edit Woo or your plugin for the pagination and the numbers?

Regards,

Benny

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That would be very difficult to do in my opinion. I am not saying it is not possible at the current state, but I don’t think it is worth a try.

I think a better alternative is to use the search on the actual shop page, that already has a pagination. We just recently added a feature to filters archive pages, including the WooCommerce shop page. There might be a few bugs here and there, but it should be much easier to manage. It is very easy to enable, you can find the related documentation here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.