Reply To: Action when pressing the return button set to: Redirect to: Results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Action when pressing the return button set to: Redirect to: Results page Reply To: Action when pressing the return button set to: Redirect to: Results page

tjldesigns
tjldesigns
Participant

Hello again Ernest,

Firstly thank you so much for your amazing support, as always, it’s very much appreciated :).

Back to this snag, I’ve re-tested that on my laptop and all is looking fine, I will tell my client to make sure they have done all this again! Argh! One thing I have tested from what they have also raised is that when you are on mobile (iphone / safari) or tablet (ipad / safari). When you type in “test” the live search starts to kick in, perfect, BUT if you tap the “SEARCH” button this also doesn’t take you to the results page. I just fully emptied all my cache on my ipad, and tried it, and sadly that is the case.

I have checked the settings General options > Logic & Behavior, this is all set to Redirect to: Results page for both maginifier and the return key, which we know, and all great. I then look to the Mobile Behavior tab and both Magnifier and “Action when tapping the return button (search icon on virtual keyboard)” are set to “Same as on desktop” so all should be fine. As it doesn’t seem to be working though, I have also manually set it to “Redirect to: Results page” here too, just to make sure, saved it. Then cleared my full cache / website settings on my iPad / safari, and sadly still it doesn’t work. If I tap the magnifier it does, if I tap the search button, it doesn’t :(.

I wonder if this is something relating to the problem my client is having on their desktop, maybe it’s a touchscreen computer, and maybe it’s something to do with the above?

Thank you again,
Tonya