Reply To: Taxonomies showing in search results despite being excluded

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Taxonomies showing in search results despite being excluded Reply To: Taxonomies showing in search results despite being excluded

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

I see what you need now. You want to search products based on the brand taxonomy, but not to return any taxonomy terms, just the products (?).

The configuration on the General Options -> Sources 2 panel does not affect how the plugin looks for products. In your case, you don’t need anything selected, nor enabled on that panel, as you don’t want terms back as results.

If you want to look for products with the associated taxonomy terms, there is two ways of doing that:
1. By enabling the Search in terms? option on the General Options -> Sources panel: https://i.imgur.com/OVKfS1x.png
For performance reasons this option will look in all terms and in all taxonomies related to products.

2. By using the index table engine. In this case you can choose which taxonomies to index alongside the product. This solution is a bit more difficult to configure, and was made mostly for huge databases, where it is harder to get precise results.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)