Reply To: Taxonomies showing in search results despite being excluded

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Taxonomies showing in search results despite being excluded Reply To: Taxonomies showing in search results despite being excluded

jjones1978
jjones1978
Participant

HI there,
I think I get what you mean but I should try and be even clearer to see if it’s even possible!

We have products which are assigned to a standard category – in this case, things like audio or power.
We then have brand taxonomies like Urbanista or Xquisit, the brand names in essence.

We have 2 types of brand, one that is an owned brand and so we have a brand page for these. Other brands like samsung are know as partner brands. These ones do not have brand pages.

In the search results therefore, we would want products to show in the results for urbanista, we would want a category name with a product count for products in each relevant category and we would want the brand name with the product count as well. We are happy to have the brand name for urbanista with a link as we have a page for urbanista.

On the other hand, when searching for samsung, we would like to show the samsung products (or products with samsung in title and description), categories with count of products but NOT the samsung brand taxonomy with product count as we do not want to link to a brand page for samsung.

In essence, we want to differentiate between different brand taxonomies as to whether we want to show the brand result with count.

Can this be done?

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.