That is extremely strange, given that I have not made any modifications to the plugin file whatsoever. The only thing I added was the filter function to the functions.php file in the child theme directory – but then again, it is exectued only when parsing through the search results, I honestly don't see how it is possible for it to affect anything else at all. But, I have seen some strange things before, so I'm not ruling this one out. I will test the same code on my test servers, to see if I can re-create it.
The only explanation I can think of, is that something else might have changed (another plugin updated, etc..) and created a conflict during the process. It's just a guess, but I don't see any other way.
As I saind before: Please always have a back-up of everything, in your case I would recommend having back-ups before updating any of the plugin. Using over 90 plugins there is a very good chance of getting conflicts whenever updating them. I've been working on this search for over 5 years, and I have seen some careless programming, and I also made mistakes. Unfortunately it happens, even though I'm testing every release for over a week.
Let me know when you are back, and I will try to get to the botton of it to see where issue is. I will do a line-by-line debugging through the plugin code, to check where the issue originates. If the search is the cause, I will definitely find the problematic part.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)