Reply To: "Products" not displayed in result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support "Products" not displayed in result Reply To: "Products" not displayed in result

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. It should be possible with a small custom script, to trigger the search form active whenever the custom search button in your header is clicked. Try this custom code, it may work (copy from line 3):

Focusing an input via javascript may be problematic in some cases, especially if there is some kind of event handler attached to the input focus events. It’s hard to predict, but this solution is worth a try.
Since the search is placed into a custom container with a custom trigger to open it, it has no way of knowing when this event happens (as it’s otside of the plugin scope), therefore it cannot auto-focus itself by default. Let’s hope the above mentioned code does the trick.

2. The placeholder text does disappear once the user starts typing, and is set to a lighter color than the original (85% opacity) – unless there is some kind of CSS overriding it.

You can of course change it’s color manually if you want to, with a small custom CSS snippet:

input.orig::-webkit-input-placeholder {
   color: #FFFFFF !important;
}

input.orig:-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */
}

input.orig::-moz-placeholder {  /* Firefox 19+ */
}

input.orig:-ms-input-placeholder {
}

Dont forget to change the color code to whatever you need it to.

3. Yes, with a custom CSS code as well:

.proclose svg {
    background: red !important;
}

Dont forget to change the color code to whatever you need it to.

4. This may have been only a cache related issue. The input stylings should be the same. I see it correctly now: https://i.imgur.com/7qJlf4c.png

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)