"Products" not displayed in result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support "Products" not displayed in result

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    zorro
    zorro
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased Ajax Search Pro for WP, and I need some help.

I have installed Ajax Search Pro on our Dev Store, and configured it to search for Woocommerce Products. But, no Product is displayed in the Search Result.

https://screenpresso.com/=Bslwg

https://screenpresso.com/=KEzlb

** FYI, I had previously installed Ajax Search Lite on the same site. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the details, I’ve logged in to check your configuration.

Unfortunately I have no idea yet, why the products are not displaying. At first I was suspecting that there was something wrong with the configuration, but it’s clearly not the case here. I’ve even created a new search instance to double check this with the default configuration, but that’s not working either. There were no similar issues reported recently, so this is something new.

I suspect that this is either some kind of conflict, or an unkonwn bug, or maybe a plugin file corruption. Can you please also add temporary FTP access? I would like to do a step-by-step debugging of the search code, to see what’s wrong with the query, or why the products disappear from the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zorro
    zorro
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for the details, I was able to figure out the issue. It is related to a known bug, which is causing me headaches for some time now. It’s related to the latest plugin version and some of the WooCommerce versions. It’s caused by a mistakenly active code part to filter inactive products, which I was testing only, but forgot to remove it before the release.

I’ve corrected the issue in the plugin files, you don’t have to worry about it anymore. If you are interested, here is the description of the exact fix I did.

Now it should hopefully return the products as expected.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zorro
    zorro
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for fixing the problem. I have to say the Ajax Search Pro is a truly awesome plugin. Good job πŸ™‚

I have spent many hours testing and setting it up, and also integrating it into the Savoy Theme. I would appreciate it if you could help address a few questions below.

1) Is there anyway to “auto” place the cursor inside the Form Field once the Search Form is opened?

You can take a look at the Search Form at the header of our Dev site:

http://dev1.a1.a2hosted.com/

This is the best practice behavior.

Just for your reference, you may experience the this behavior at this Header Search Box at this site.
    https://www.gemvara.com/

2) Would it be possible to set different Font Color for the Placeholder Text “Search here …” and the texts entered by users?

https://screenpresso.com/=Ozesc

Generally, it would be more user friendly to set the Placeholder texts in lighter color than the texts entered by users.

Also, would it be possible to make the Placeholder texts to auto disappear once the users start typing?

These are the best practice behaviors.

Just for your reference, you may experience the above behaviors at this Header Search Box at this site:
    https://www.gemvara.com/

3) Would it be possible to change the color of this Close / Clear button?

https://screenpresso.com/=pnDL

4) This is a small bug. As you can see, the entered texts is overlapping with the auto-complete texts:

https://screenpresso.com/=UfdWd

Thanks again for all your help πŸ™‚

Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. It should be possible with a small custom script, to trigger the search form active whenever the custom search button in your header is clicked. Try this custom code, it may work (copy from line 3):

Focusing an input via javascript may be problematic in some cases, especially if there is some kind of event handler attached to the input focus events. It’s hard to predict, but this solution is worth a try.
    Since the search is placed into a custom container with a custom trigger to open it, it has no way of knowing when this event happens (as it’s otside of the plugin scope), therefore it cannot auto-focus itself by default. Let’s hope the above mentioned code does the trick.

2. The placeholder text does disappear once the user starts typing, and is set to a lighter color than the original (85% opacity) – unless there is some kind of CSS overriding it.

You can of course change it’s color manually if you want to, with a small custom CSS snippet:

input.orig::-webkit-input-placeholder {
       color: #FFFFFF !important;
    }

input.orig:-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */
    }

input.orig::-moz-placeholder {  /* Firefox 19+ */
    }

input.orig:-ms-input-placeholder {
    }

Dont forget to change the color code to whatever you need it to.

3. Yes, with a custom CSS code as well:

.proclose svg {
        background: red !important;
    }

Dont forget to change the color code to whatever you need it to.

4. This may have been only a cache related issue. The input stylings should be the same. I see it correctly now: https://i.imgur.com/7qJlf4c.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zorro
    zorro
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

1. I’ve made a modification, to delay the focus method by one second, and to check for the container visiblity first. This way it will wait 1 second before execution, and if the container is visible, then tries to focus the search field:

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zorro
    zorro
    Participant

Hi Earnest,

Thanks so much. The latest scripts work perfectly in PC browsers πŸ™‚

FYI only, in case you plan to implement this feature into your plugin officially, it doesn’t work on iPad. If there is a way to make it work in iPad as well, then it would be perfect. For our current use case, we are happy with just having it work on PC.

Really appreciate your help.

I left you awesome review already πŸ™‚

Andrew

zorro
    zorro
    Participant

Hi Earnest,

I performed more usability testings on various devices.

I am wondering if you could quite easily make it work in iPad as well, because it could be quite an improvement in usability πŸ™‚

(By the way, I have provided my entire implementation solution to the developers of Savoy Theme, so that they could recommend to their other clients who need a good solid Live Search solution.)

Thanks again for the awesome plugin and super support πŸ™‚

Andrew

zorro
    zorro
    Participant

Hi Earnest, if you have a few minutes, could you please help making the auto cursor placement work on iPad as well?

Thanks again for all your help. The Live Search is nearly perfect now.

Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late response. I was not able to find any information about why the input focus is not triggering on iPad. I recall that a few months back I was researching something similar, regarding the virtual keyboard. The conclusion was that IOS does no longer allow programatical triggering of the virtual keyboard – at least that was their last response at that time. They usually change it every now and then.

Maybe, this is something related to that as well. Even if the input gets focused, there is a very high chance that the virtual keyboard will not open, simply because it’s not allowed to do via triggered events, only via direct touch. You could try this modification, but I’m not sure if it will do anything:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.