This release brings tons of new features, as well as a few optimizations and bugfixes. Check out the plugin demo, it might be something you are looking for.
Indexing and searching Attachment file contents
The long-awaited feature is finally here. Indexing PDF, any kind of text, RTF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files is now possible. This is a built-in extension to the index table engine, so that the file contents are indexed and stored in the database.
This is a very extensive feature, check the documentation for all the details: Search in attachment contents – Ajax Search Pro
This is another built-in extension for the index table engine. A brand new panel was inserted, that gives the opportunity to manage synonyms – multi languages supported (WPML, Polylang).
Documentation: Synonyms – Ajax Search Pro
Live results loader for the theme results page
Although this is a more advanced feature, in same cases it can be really useful. Basically, this allows displaying results on the results page without reloading it.
Documentation: Live results page loader – Ajax Search Pro
Image lazy loader
When enabled, the images are loaded via a lazy loader script. This is useful in cases when the auto-populate feature is also enabled, and showing a large number of results initially.
- A few minor bugs with the index table accuracy were fixed
- Mobile and touch device compatibility fixes, including the range slider script and the scrollbar script
- ‘Try these’ and ‘No results’ text keywords now properly escaped
- Image cache improvements
- The clone detection method (usually with mobile menus) was improved
Latest posts by Ernest Marcinko (see all)
- Ajax Search Pro for WordPress 4.15 to 4.16.2 developer notes - July 1, 2019
- 10 000 - October 30, 2018
- Ajax Search Pro for WordPress 4.13.2 to 4.14.1 developer notes - October 9, 2018