Yes, I know they are different short codes and different plug ins. I can't get the pro version to show up at all, however. I went back to the Lite version today, but I found it to be very sporadic. For example, it is right above a set of French rush seat chairs on the page but a search for the words “french rush” produce no results. At the same time, an out of stock, disabled product in a disabled category pops up just fine. I just disabled all search entirely.
I have previously used an offsite service called Freefind which is very good but it's always strange when the customer goes off site for any reason. I would really prefer to find something that works on the site, but it seems as if I an trying to re-invent the wheel. I had no idea it could be so complicated!