Reply To: Search only works when logged into WordPress

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search only works when logged into WordPress Reply To: Search only works when logged into WordPress

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi,

Interestingly, the autcomplete event and the facet change events are working, but whenever I type it does not respond.
This could mean that the search input keyup event is very likely overwritten or blocked by a 3rd party scritp – as I’m not able to recreate the issue on my local environment. The error console on your site looks okay, there are a few minor warnings from other scripts, but nothing interesting or related.

The first thing you should try is to change the javascript compatibility mode to minified scoped: https://i.imgur.com/oqzmdFP.png
After this change you will have to clear all layers of cache, including the browser cache, as well as reloading the page by clicking CTRL(command) + SHIFT + R.

If this does not work, then the keyup event will have to be re-attached in some way. I’ve constructed a small code snippet that might be able to help.
Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Make sure to clear the site cache after this as well.

If you need help with this, just add temporary FTP access and I will do it for you. I hope this helps!

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)