Search only works when logged into WordPress

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search only works when logged into WordPress

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    visualharbor
    visualharbor
    Participant

The search feature only works when you’re logged into WordPress.

When you’re not logged in, it doesn’t do anything.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems to be working for me, please check this video: https://youtu.be/qlpL3hWjO44

Make sure you have your browser cache deleted, and that there are no browser extensions active that could block any XHR ajax requests. It can also be a malformed .htaccess rule, but that is very unlikely, given that it works on my end.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

visualharbor
    visualharbor
    Participant

Hi There, it’s working for me in Chrome now, logged out of WordPress. But it’s not working in Firefox or Safari – and I don’t have any extensions installed there.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Interestingly, the autcomplete event and the facet change events are working, but whenever I type it does not respond.
    This could mean that the search input keyup event is very likely overwritten or blocked by a 3rd party scritp – as I’m not able to recreate the issue on my local environment. The error console on your site looks okay, there are a few minor warnings from other scripts, but nothing interesting or related.

The first thing you should try is to change the javascript compatibility mode to minified scoped: https://i.imgur.com/oqzmdFP.png
    After this change you will have to clear all layers of cache, including the browser cache, as well as reloading the page by clicking CTRL(command) + SHIFT + R.

If this does not work, then the keyup event will have to be re-attached in some way. I’ve constructed a small code snippet that might be able to help.
    Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Make sure to clear the site cache after this as well.

If you need help with this, just add temporary FTP access and I will do it for you. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

visualharbor
    visualharbor
    Participant

That fixed it! Thank you so much! <3

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.