Reply To: Help with checkbox/dropdown for search settings area

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Help with checkbox/dropdown for search settings area Reply To: Help with checkbox/dropdown for search settings area

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I really appreciate them.

I believe you are looking for the advanced options section under the Frontend Search Settings -> Advanced panel, namely for 3 of the options there: https://i.imgur.com/rDqIimL.png

1. (Tax/term logic) – This option determines how the checkboxes should match. For example, by the default logic, if an entry is in 3 categories, and only 2 of them is checked on the front-end, it won’t show up as a result, as the search will treat the unchecked checkbox as an “exclusion”.
In most cases this logic is fine, but sometimes the “At least one selected term should match” value fits better. You might want to try that logic as well. In that case, if an entry is in 3 categories, and any of them is checked on the front-end, it will match as a result. (this might be better in your case actually)

2. (empty tax/term logic) – This option decides what to do with items that does not have any terms (categories) assigned. For example posts without categories should or should not show up.

3. (empty filter logic) – This one decides whenever the filter should be ignored, if nothing is selected. In your case, I highly recommend keeping it turned ON, because all the unchecked categories would be treated as exclusions, and nothing would show up.

Try experimenting a bit with these options, you might get the configuration that fits your needs.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)