Reply To: Expanding index with data from another website

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Expanding index with data from another website Reply To: Expanding index with data from another website

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

The search is looking for results in the wp_posts (or {dbprefix}_posts) table. There isn’t a separate table built for this, mainly beacause it would take up database space for no reason.

In order to have the data on the first website from the second website, you would need to copy it to the wp_posts table, but I highly doubt that this is a good idea.
In my opinion the best option would be to ethier make modifications to the plugin to connect to a remote database (docs.cloudfoundry.org) and parse the data from there, or to copy the data to a new table in the first database and create a parser for that.

Both solutions will require some very serious knowledge in PHP, WordPress databases and of course deeop examination of the search plugin.

To answer your question I’m not sure which way is the best to solve this. You might need to do further research on this topic, maybe there is a better way of doing this.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)