Reply To: Search gives results in 2 languages

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search gives results in 2 languages Reply To: Search gives results in 2 languages

Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

I can't log in, it requests htpassword before I can reach wp-login.php.

However I think I can see the problem right now. Some minification plugin minifies all the scripts before the jQuery scopes are loaded to the page. Since the plugin scripts are loaded earlier then the jQuery it naturally throws an exception and halts every script afterwards.

jQuery needs to be loaded before everything else, or more plugins will fail as well. Moreover I do not recommend minification of the search plugin javascript files, because most of them are minified already, and calls like eval() cannot be properly minified by an external application. If not minfication is enabled only concatenation, the script loading order must be respected, as many scripts are dependent on each other.

I rather recommend W3TC caching plugins minification. It works 80% of the time, which is far better than any minification plugins on the market. But you need to prepared for massive testing. It took me 3 days to figure out the proper script order and exceptions on this site for minification.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)