Search gives results in 2 languages

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search gives results in 2 languages

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    igerards
    igerards
    Participant

I am using WPML, but I am getting search results from both languages.

Here’s a test:
    http://www.toko4all.nl/zoekmachine-test/

Try typing ‘pancit’ as a search.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by igerards igerards.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Could you please edit your initial post or upload a txt file with the login details. I just discovered a malfunction with the private fields, and the details are not saved upon opening the ticket. Sorry about that. I will do a quick debugging on your site then, it’s probably a minor issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

Will others not be able to download that txt file?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Nope. The private detail fields and the file attachments are only visible for me (admin) and the owner of the thread (you).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

Alright. Attached a txt.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I have found the problem. The translation table was matching other content types (like comments) with the products and it included it as a product. Anyways, I’ve made a quick fix on the code, it should show only the proper elements with the language.

I will include this bugfix to the next update so you won’t loose the changes if updating the plugin.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

Thanks!

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

I noticed a big issue with this plugin. WooCommerce stops working correctly. I’m guessing it’s a javascript conflict because all jquery functions stop working when this plugin is activated.

– I tried opening a different topic for this, but when I try to verify my purchase code it says it’s already in use? –

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It should not ask for your product once it’s verified, I’ll check on that.

You can ask the question here, no need for another topic 😉

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

Well, could you please check what’s wrong with the plugin when using WooCommerce? WooCommerce’s Ajax functions break when the search plugin is activated.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Of course.

Could you please tell me where/what to test?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

I found the issue.

I have put a test environment in place over here: http://www.igerards.com/test

1. Please login there with the same login provided in the .txt
    2. Then put this product in the cart: http://igerards.com/test/?product=test-product
    3. Go to the cart (click the link under Done shopping? in the header)
    4. Click proceed to checkout
    5. You will find a box with this text: Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code

If you click ‘click here to enter your code’, a box should appear so you can enter a code. However, if Ajax Search Pro is activated, this ajax function will not work.

The conflict is between Ajax Search Pro and the plugin WooCommerce Advanced Ajax Layered Navigation.

Hoping you can check it out and make Ajax Search Pro work in harmony with the layered navigation plugin.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I can’t log in, it requests htpassword before I can reach wp-login.php.

However I think I can see the problem right now. Some minification plugin minifies all the scripts before the jQuery scopes are loaded to the page. Since the plugin scripts are loaded earlier then the jQuery it naturally throws an exception and halts every script afterwards.

jQuery needs to be loaded before everything else, or more plugins will fail as well. Moreover I do not recommend minification of the search plugin javascript files, because most of them are minified already, and calls like eval() cannot be properly minified by an external application. If not minfication is enabled only concatenation, the script loading order must be respected, as many scripts are dependent on each other.

I rather recommend W3TC caching plugins minification. It works 80% of the time, which is far better than any minification plugins on the market. But you need to prepared for massive testing. It took me 3 days to figure out the proper script order and exceptions on this site for minification.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

igerards
    igerards
    Participant

This problem occurs without the minifying plugin as well.

You can log in, if you read the htpassword window, it tells you what the username and password should be. (Password is result of the math equation)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okays, got in.

Works for me fine: https://i.imgur.com/6YfRD5a.gif

Must have been your browser cache?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.