Reply To: Problem with speed after optimization

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with speed after optimization Reply To: Problem with speed after optimization

Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

I do remember. Since then the search underwent an update and some optimizations. I'm releasing another version this weekend, which includes even more speed optimisations including an index table.

I have added some of these optimizations via ftp you gave me. The plugin should be much faster now. I see speeds between 1.5 – 3 seconds on web inspector now.

The slowdown can be caused by image-resizing and caching as well. First time a new item is searched the image thumbnails are created, which takes a bit of time. The second time is fast, because the images are not re-created.

Also, WooCommerce did something to their core within updates 2.3.x, whereas every ajax powered plugin experiences major slowdowns in some cases. I have already contacted them, but no answer yet. Hopefully they aknowledge this issue, as it's affecting thousands of plugins.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)