Reply To: Cant get it to work

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

You are welcome!

The speed of the search is almost entirely dependent on your WordPress setup and server speed. Because of how WordPress is buitl there is also a huge amount of overhead with ever ajax request. In most cases the plugin does the work in less than 0.1 seconds, but it has to wait for it’s turn in the WordPress ajax handler process, and other plugins might (and they do) be initialized, and that’s what takes so long.
There is unfortunately no way of avoiding it, but there are practices to make it faster. There is an entire chapter in the documentation I recommend reading, it explains almost everything. This sub-chapter might be interesting for you.

The http://www.searchofficespace.com/ website is not running a wordpress installation, and the search engine is built and optimized only for that exact project. I’m afraid that the only way to achieve that design speed and efficiency is to build a customized search engine for that exact purpose. It also depends on the server architecture. If they are running a Dedicated high end server with multiple layers of caching, then well it’s hard to match that.

The gap is caused by a missing icon. In the recent update I’ve removed some of the depricated graphics from very early versions. If you go to the Theme Options -> Settings icon & Dropdown menu, you can select one from the new list, and then it will appear.
Or if you don’t wish to use it, you can disable it entirely on the Frontend search settings -> General panel with the Show search settings switch on the frontend? option.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)