Reply To: Search with dropdown

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi,

1. Have you applied the tweaks to allow empty phrases? I cannot see the changes. When I type in something, I’m getting a result: https://i.imgur.com/TsRg8gf.png

2-4. In this case, use the Two Column Shortcode instead of the search shortcode. Your final output should be:

[wpdreams_asp_settings id=1 element='div']
[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro_two_column id=1 search_width=50 results_width=50 invert=0 element='div']

This will display the settings on top and the results on the right side on 50% width.

How it’s done on that example:
In that example you linked I’m using column shortcodes, which are a feature of the that theme, but novadays 90% of the themes have them, probably yours as well. In that case the search shortcode on the left is put into a 1/3 column shortcode, and the results shortcode is put into a 2/3 column shortcode.

[one_third]
    [wpdreams_asp_settings id=1 element='div']
    [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]
[one_third]
[two_third_last]
    [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro_results id=1 element='div']
[two_third_last]

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE! These column shortcodes might be different on your theme, or might not exist!
Check if your theme has similar column shortcodes and replace them if yes. You might be able to use them!

Also, if you have visual composer, you can also use the search shortcodes to position to a two column layout separately. It’s a bit easier to position that way, as it does not require coding knowledge.

3. It’s caused by the theme stylesheet, it sets the default color to brown on fieldsets. Use this custom CSS to fix that:

fieldset.asp_custom_f * {
    color: white;
}
Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)