Home › Forums › Product Support Forums › Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support › Ajax Pro causes 500 Internal Server Error when activated › Reply To: Ajax Pro causes 500 Internal Server Error when activated
We have now tried your solution, and here are the results:
1) We deleted ALL the search instances, and created a new one.
2) We also saved all the settings one by one again.
We actually managed to have the site live and running, once we made that one new search instance. Everything works perfectly. However, as soon as we change just one thing on the new instance, we go back to the original error.
An example of this is as follows:
1) Delete all search instances
2) Create one new search instance
– the site is now live
3) Rename the “search here…” to “gogogo…”
– the site now crashes with error 500
So, as soon as we make any changes to the new search instance, we go back to the error we saw to start off with. If I then repeat all the steps, we get the site going live again (with the plugin active, and a new search instance created).
Any ideas as on how to troubleshoot this? I believe you're right in saying that something may be corrupted – and perhaps this only occurs as soon as we make any changes to the new search instance.