2 issues with Ajax Search Pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support 2 issues with Ajax Search Pro

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vbramante
    vbramante
    Participant

Hi!
    I’ve been using the Lite version since a couple of months ago, and bought the Pro version yesterday. Our client website based on WP has the BuddyPress plugins, Slider Revolution, and Kleo theme. Everything is up to date, and WP version is 4.9.1.

The first issue is with the results, I send you 2 attachments with the same search on each version. The Lite version returns the correct forum post (1st result), while the Pro returns a phrase of the 2nd post as the 1st result instead of the forum post.

I checked both configurations and they share the same settings, not counting the additional options the Pro version has.

The second issues is with the new Firefox, version 57.0.2. If I set the results layout to horizontal, instead of having all the results in one row and the slider (working ok with Chrome and Edge), Firefox adds a 2nd row and the slider is missing.I send those prints too.

If you need more info about those problems, please contact me. Regards,

Victor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Victor,

Thank you for the proper details, it helps me a lot.

Based on the screenshot, I would say that the first result on the lite version is a forum topic custom post type, and on the pro version is a forum reply post type. I’m not sure though, but the result format does look like a reply to me. Can you please check if the correct custom post type is choosen on the General Options -> Sources panel?

I just tested the page on firefox as well, but it appears correct to me: https://i.imgur.com/fJ4ja1W.jpg
    Make sure to clear the browser cache, as well as the site cache. It is also worth checking the browser extensions, if there is any that disables or injects scripts.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vbramante
    vbramante
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Yes, it’s a forum topic post. In fact, if you click on the link it goes to the topic. What is wrong is the title of the result, because it’s not the correct text (the Lite version shows it right).

Instead of taking the forum title, shows the text of the link included in the second result: http://comunidadviajeros.assistcard.com/viaje-a-mykonos-grecia/ (see the print).

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Attachments:
    vbramante
    vbramante
    Participant

Hi again,

I send you some prints of the configs from Lite and Pro version.

Regards,

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe I can see the issue now. In the lite version you have both Posts and Pages enabled, while in the pro version is not.
    It is because there is a minor difference in options, it has been just updated with the latest release of the pro version, the lite will be updated tomorrow:
    – Lite version Posts and Pages: https://i.imgur.com/YeGXuQa.png (this is going to be changed)
    – Pro version Posts and Pages: https://i.imgur.com/ZsJAmN7.png

I figured out that the result with the weird title you are seeing is a comment result, that is why the title looks incorrect (as comments don’t have titles). It might have been enabled by accident. If you disable that as well, and enable posts and pages as results, it should display the same results as the lite version: https://i.imgur.com/o7IWIT9.png

Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vbramante
    vbramante
    Participant

Hi,

I finally found the solution. What was missing in search was “topic” (Debates in spanish), so now it’s working as expected. So the text that was wrong now is displayed as should be (green arrow). Also it changed the order, before was the first result and now is after the blog posts, so the topic and its replies are together at the end of the results.

About the Firefox issue, you were right. I cleared the cache and now it woks as the other browsers.

Thank you very much!!

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.