404 error on last page of search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support 404 error on last page of search results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bstafford
    bstafford
    Participant

Did a global search on Ethernet (search bar in header), results show 3 pages but when clicking on page 3, get an “Epic 404 – Article Not Found” error (same problem on search for “USB”). I did disable all other plugins and it still happened. I can’t change the theme because all of my code and content is dependent on this theme.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I tried both ‘usb’ and ‘ethernet’, hit enter, then I navigated to page 3, but it works on my end: https://i.imgur.com/G2JPqbj.png
    Let me know if you get something different. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bstafford
    bstafford
    Participant

Well that appears to be working now, but now it’s happening when I search “API”.
    https://www.useloom.com/share/b28c14eca07f40cfbb440562d5ed8c7e

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by bstafford bstafford. Reason: added video
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, that helped a lot. I think I have found the issue.

It looks like, that the attachments search was causing the problem. For some reason the attachment result objects were filtered from the results page, however the results counter remained the same, thus the page count was calculated incorrectly. The theme might have a filter of some sort of removing those objects, I am not sure. Anyways, I have disabled the attachments search, now it should be okay.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.