414 Request-URI Too Large nginx error

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support 414 Request-URI Too Large nginx error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    braino65
    braino65
    Participant

Hello I have issues with a 414 Request-URI Too Large nginx error. Suggestions work but once you press enter or the search icon this error appears. It is horrible because it is a heavily used page and I don’t know how to fix it. Do you have any idea on how to solve that issue?

braino65
    braino65
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    braino65
    braino65
    Participant

Ok a small update here: i removed a specific category from the search which are categories from a Custom Post type with 450 categories so i guess the url was simply too long listing all the categories. i believe it will work without those categories as well but it might be something work looking into, maybe reducing the url somehow if so many categories are being search for. anyhow i believe for now this issue is fixed

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you switch from the default GET override method to POST right here, it should resolve the issue.
    If there is a long list of filters, which the plugin needs to send, it explains the issue – the server probably does not allow URLs after a certain length. The information however needs to be sent, and the POST method should work out just fine. Using the GET is the best way, but this should be okay as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.